Thursday, September 3, 2009

Quilts and More Quilts

Ok, I'm working madly on quilts to put in a show next weekend. I have one almost completely quilted...need to put some branches on and the binding....where is the binding fabric? Don't know. Can't find it....must be the same place as the serger I lost earlier in the week! This was a fun quilt and is the combination of a failed Block of the MOnth and a successful "nothing to lose" class. Can't wait to get it all finished.

The second quilt is a "participation quilt project" from our guild. I had my name drawn twice. The first in 2006 when I was going to become the president of the organization and thought a quilt with our Alberta Rose (our logo) would be great. Did'nt get the quilt completed before my name was drawn again in 2008. The friendship stars in the border are the result of that draw. All the blocks except one rose and one star are signed. I hope I can find the ladies who made those blocks and get them to sign them for me.
The following two pictres are close-ups of the quilting under way.
Now on to the good stuff!! Just got in this Gypsy Sit Upon to try. Don't know which way should be up....but I like this side (with the little nubbies) up better. A comfy sit while I quilt.
That's it for me today....heading home to clean carpets.

No comments: