Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Sewing

I have been a busy little sewer...not on my own projects, but for customers. I have a new baby, Susie Q is her name. She is a HandiQuilter 16 Sit and Sew model. So I have a bigger, newer machine to replace my Brother 1500. The brother has been used and abused for almost 15 years. It was time to treat him a bit kinder...so I have semi-permanently lent him to a friend. I'll get him back when she longer wants him.

I have been quilting smaller quilts (not queen size) to get the hang of this new baby. Very smooth stitching, but much noisier than I am used to. I have to turn up my music a fair bit.


The picture quality isn't great because I am using my camer phone. I again, put the batteries in my "new" camera (less than a year old) BACKWARDS and forced the cover closed! I am going to have to smash the camera to get it open again!
The following quilt was quilted using some of the ideas in "Free-Motion Quilting Made Easy" by Eva A. Larkin. There are some really good ideas in this book.






No comments: